Director - Underwriting - Professional Liability
For nearly 170 years this national carrier has been making a name for themselves with the most forward-thinking solutions in specialty insurance. Solvent and secure with a proven track record of creating flexible and customizable products for clients. Dedicated to serving niche program and excess & surplus (E&S) markets. Committed to controlled, profitable growth in the E&S marketplace through wholesale general agents and brokers.
Reporting directly to the President, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of an underwriting strategy to establish a Professional Liability Lines unit including, but not limited to, developing distribution channels, marketing to agency base, underwriting, and managing a professional lines underwriting team.
This is opportunity to join this organization in a unique role and within a corporate culture of honesty, integrity and excellence. This individual will drive the growth and profit of the book of professional liability business with a strategic goal of increasing the book to become a significant line of business in its product portfolio. We need a high energy and driven producing underwriter / manager with a history of success to lead this growth.
This position can be located in either Detroit or Chicago.
Experience, abilities and skills we seek:
- A minimum of 10 years prior nationwide professional liability lines underwriting experience including Excess & Surplus Lines market is required.
- Must be creative, innovative and dynamic with leadership qualities.
- Must have technical Professional Liability Lines underwriting experience.
- Proven experience in product development of profitable PL products and programs.
- Experience in management of underwriting staff.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act tactically.