Sr. Director, Product Development
The adoption of connected or smart devices is rapidly growing in the home and expected to double over the next couple of years. This explosive adoption is creating new challenges for consumers as they try to understand, install, optimize and maintain, fix, and protect these devices.
Assurant has made significant investments to develop innovative capabilities to support the connected consumer and is an industry leader in the mobile device and automobile sectors. As these consumers adopt more connected devices in the home, Assurant is bringing new, innovative solutions to address the new consumer challenges associated with their ever-increasing connected life.
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Director, Product Development supporting our Connected Home business. This dynamic and fast paced growth business is focused on helping our global clients including mobile carriers, ISP providers, security companies, utility companies, manufacturers and retailers, develop smart home support and protection programs that enhance their smart home value proposition and offerings to their consumers.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Connected Home, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and management of Connected Home products, including the creation of new products and markets consistent with Assurants growth strategies. Accountabilities will also include leading and/or supporting evaluation of new growth opportunities through market, client and competitive analysis; and partnering with adjacent business lines and/or functional areas to develop, prioritize and communicate growth plans and strategic initiatives aligned with overall Connected Home growth objectives.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Leads development and execution of Connected Home products and programs
- Develops and implements short- and long-term Product Roadmaps for developed solutions
- Facilitates market sizing and research; competitive benchmarking and assessments
- Leads Voice of Customer research voice of client / voice of customer efforts to inform and support product development efforts
- Leads cross functional team to define new product / program requirements and execute on these requirements
- Builds and communicates business cases to secure needed resources and support for product development initiatives
- Assists in the review and evaluation of potential acquisitions that will complement/expand existing product offerings
- Leads contract negotiations and implementation with product support vendors
- Partners with Sales to support business development efforts to drive insights, promotion and adoption of Assurants Connected Home solutions
- This position will not have direct reports
- Will be responsible for leading cross-business and cross-functional resources involved in product development efforts
- Accountable for product and program level financial results
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree in business, information technology or related field
- 7-10 years of experience with a significant portion in product management, product development, business analysis, management or technology consulting
- Demonstrated track record of driving and achieving results
- Strong financial acumen
- Proven ability to build business cases; strong analytical skillset
- Experience assessing and evaluating growth opportunities
- Ability to lead / influence cross functional teams; works well in team environment
- Strong problem solver; demonstrated track record of resourcefulness
- Strong communication skills; experience presenting to C-suite
- Adaptability; ability to adjust and pivot based on changing business / market needs
- Creativity and Curiosity; proactively asks questions to lead to better outcomes while creatively seeking and developing answers/solutions to these questions
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- MBA degree
- Two years post MBA experience in Experience in the IoT, communications, home security, ISP or connected device OEM