AmTrust Financial Services
Underwriter III AmTrust E&S Insurance Services. This underwriting position is designed for an individual with a minimum of seven (7) plus years of E&S (excess & surplus lines experience) writing medium to high hazard general liability insurance. Knowledge of ISO coverage forms. Individual account underwriting is required for hazard analysis, rating, pricing, and form selection.Responsibilities
- Knowledge of industry standard company forms is required to properly underwrite risk.
- Write and retain a profitable book of business through solid risk analysis, pricing and servicing. Adheres to corporate underwriting and pricing guidelines. Operate within written authority grant and makes referrals to Home Office Underwriting as required
- Collaborates closely with E&S Management team.
- Develop and implement the territory business plan and share accountability with team in meeting territory goals
- Actively plan and participate in industry events as required such as but not limited association conventions
- Provides professional, timely and courteous communication and service to external clients and cross departmental staff.
- Provides the pertinent information and guidance to support staff required to process coverage requests in accordance with service guidelines
- CPCU or CIC designation preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with and expert technical knowledge of commercial casualty insurance coverage and risk selection, methods and pricing.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision
- Ability to make sound contributions to tactical and strategic planning
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time within the assigned territory and to the Home Office as required
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.