7 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Within authority, the incumbent will manage assigned brokers to underwrite and process environmental and/or casualty lines for the Environmental Services Industry and/or Environmental lines for any industry segment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with assigned brokers to underwrite Pollution, Professional Liability, General Liability, Automobile, Worker Compensation and Excess lines focused on the Environmental industry.
- Visit existing and potential new brokers to discuss our products and procedures such as; underwriting appetite, premium collection policy, profitability issues, pricing and coverage issues.
- Possess the capability to handle all lines of business and all types of rating programs
- Capable of looking beyond individual account transactions; managing a book of business to achieve new business, renewal retention and ROE objectives in support of the Division.
- Handle all aspects of processing the Broker accounts.
- Perform financial analysis on the audited/reviewed financials or other financial information of insures using appropriate tools.
- Create and solicit renewal applications from the broker after reviewing the expiring policy and loss information.
- Underwrite endorsement requests from brokers and sign-off where required.
- May assist other underwriters in processing renewals, new business and endorsements.
- Bachelor’s degree (Prefer in Risk Management or Environmental Sciences)
- 3 - 5 years of commercial underwriting experience as well as multi-line rating experience.
- Capable of working in a “paperless” work environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and email systems.
- Experience with utilizing available tools in risk selection, pricing and account management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in Customer Service
- Be self-reliant & motivated.
Apply for Casualty Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly