Underwriting Analyst- Personal Lines
6 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies recently launched our very own Homeowners insurance products. We are seeking a Personal lines Underwriter to join our team in Parisspany, NJ. This will be an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor in this new line. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and demonstrate strong initiative, then our team might be right for you!Responsibilities
- Utilize company underwriting criteria to accept, reject or modify the new and renewal business based on underwriting authority and company guidelines for Homeowners and Personal Umbrella
- Perform independent verification of insured's home and review external inspection reports
- Review and process change requests on in-force policies
- Evaluate in-force policies at renewal
- Develop relationships with agencies
- Participate in Underwriting Training for new products, directives and processes
- Performs other duties as needed
Candidates should have at least 3-4 years of homeowners underwriting, investigative skills, be comfortable using the Internet as a research tool, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and must be an overall team player. You will work in a fast-paced team environment and candidates should have the ability to adapt quickly to changes and have solid time management skills. Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of the world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!