One of our good clients is currently expanding and as a result is looking to add an experienced (Individual Life) Underwriter to the team. This is a full time permanent job and it can be 100% remote/work from home!
The ideal candidate will have a combination of technical underwriting experience and an outgoing (marketing type) personality who can deliver amazing service to both producers and clients. Since you will be interfacing with brokers and client you need to be comfortable in face to face meetings with high net worth clients and their team of accountants, medical, etc. You should be at ease presenting complicated underwriting messages to groups.
- Apply your underwriting expertise to help categorize underwriting risks
- Provide quick quotes and/or summary submissions to carriers
- Review all files from case managers, and/or producers
- Provide case reviews/summaries
- Provide recommendations, requests for additional information, special requests, etc.
- Communicate status and recommendations as needed
Required Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ life insurance underwriting experience
- Financial underwriting experience
- Up to date knowledge of Life insurance underwriting best practices
- Life (Brokerage) experience
- Able to work in fast paced sales culture
- Any industry designations are plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Entrepreneurial with a sales aptitude
- Ability to present