Private Flood Commercial Underwriter
4 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At Assurant, we figure out whats stopping the businesses and consumers we serve and find ways to keep them moving forward. We have a reputation for introducing new ideas to the marketplace that turn insight into competitive advantage. With decades of experience to draw upon, were well prepared to anticipate our clients challenges and spot opportunities to help them succeed. But its our uncompromising values that keep us grounded and remind us of what matters most.
What is a Commercial Flood Underwriter?
A Commercial Underwriter within our flood division evaluates risk to determine whether it has been rated correctly using knowledge of excess & surplus lines processes and procedures. In addition, they analyze and collect all pertinent information needed to issue the policy and is responsible for operating the risk to meet proper company and state regulatory guidelines.
What You Will Like
- The people we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement we focus on What Matters Most to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 300 global company
- Competitive salary
- You will apply underwriting and risk selection techniques to determine the acceptability of new and renewal insurance risks.
- You will also respond to inquiries regarding underwriting processes and decisions, interpretation of policy forms and coverages, and premium levels.
- The role will require you to use clear guidelines, an underwriting manual, and established authority levels. You will also make independent decisions within guidelines and procedures.
- Assure professional and accurate products are delivered to our customers.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- At least two years of experience as a commercial underwriter for carrier or MGA/MGU or experience with catastrophe modeling or agency/sales required
- High School diploma/GED
- Knowledgeable in all the duties of the Underwriter I position, or similar positions
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced growing environment, with an emphasis on initiative, critical thinking and accountability
- Has gained knowledge & experience with computer system and company products & services
- Assure professional and accurate products are delivered to our customers
- At least 6 years of experience as a commercial underwriter
- 2 years of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or other property and casualty insurance experience
- Some knowledge of advanced flood insurance rating
- Working knowledge of excess & surplus lines underwriting experience
- 1-2 years of experience analyzing structural integrity of high-rise commercial buildings
- Multi-Family Housing and/or condominium association underwriting experience
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 300 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)