Casualty & Litigation Team Lead
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet employee needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is growing rapidly, and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
As a Team Lead, you will mentor and direct a group of seasoned Casualty and Litigation Associates. Inventories will be comprised of complex Bodily Injury and Coverage Claims as well as those in various stages of Litigation. The individual will be responsible for the overall file quality of the team including but not limited to thorough and complete investigations, proper evaluation of damages, and consideration for all potential litigation proceedings.
- Guides and manages the performance and professional development through coaching and mentoring, including performance evaluations and salary reviews
- Performs regular file reviews and audits to determine compliance with best practices
- Facilitates and promotes consistent, positive Department financial results by actively strategizing with and providing appropriate guidance and authority on all aspects of claim handling
- Assist senior management in the development and implementation of training as needed to ensure compliance and proper claim handling
- Identify potential risk that could have an adverse impact on departmental and company results
- Effective management of vendors to ensure work product and expenses are in line with company guidelines
- Maintain current knowledge of case and statutory law and the litigation/regulatory environment
- Maintain any required professional license and associated continuing education
- May be called upon to perform additional duties as needed
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Technical knowledge and experience, including an understanding of coverage and contract law, investigation, legal liability, litigation and reserving
- Knowledge of analytics and KPIs to analyze and evaluate claims performance
- Minimal travel
- 5 or more years of non-standard personal lines claim experience with an emphasis on casualty claims and litigation
- 3 or more years of leadership, supervision and training of others
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with Assurance America is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the employee.