Claims Supervisor - PD
At Windhaven we are always looking for "A" players who want a challenge. Are you a driven person who wants to achieve great feats of growth within your career? Then we want to talk to you!
We are a successful, fast growing Property & Casualty Insurance group of companies headquartered in Miami, Florida. We thrive in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, than an insurance company, and we are committed to our mission, culture, core values, and data-driven decision making.
The Claims Supervisor will supervise a staff of Claims Representatives and has primary ownership for results and claim outcomes, including internal and external relationships. Also provides oversight and direction on claims with regard to reserving, investigation, evaluation of coverage, payment, and final resolution.
- Assists staff in verifying coverage, benefit eligibility and appropriate handling of the loss consistent with claim handling Best Practices.
- Through auditing of the handling process, assures that staff maintains claims files, evaluates claims using facts and supporting data on injury and wages lost due to injury.
- Carefully and thoroughly reviews all pertinent information and forwards the file to the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) when there is reasonable cause.
- Actively participate in round-tables to assist in determination of proper course of action on a loss.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of claims settlement procedures, current state regulations, and policy changes.Effectively handle and resolve consumer complaints and be able to effectively address adjusters who are the source of the complaint.
- Develop, analyze, and prepare reports to submit to management on results and team performance.
- Coach and provide career development advice to staff.
- Track employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Responsible to meet department productivity and quality goals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College degree preferred or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years in the P&C Insurance Industry
- 2 years of supervisory/manager related work experience within the insurance industry
- Advanced reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Knowledge of claims processes, procedures, and technology
- Effective skills in reading and interpreting financial reports
- Strong leadership abilities and capability of maintaining a high level of respect from subordinates through leader mentoring and training
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.