National Account Workers Compensation Claims Supervisor
The Claims Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of direct reports, ensuring all quality, productivity and customer service criteria are met while adhering to company policies and procedures. The Claims Supervisor position is integral to the success of the company and requires regular and consistent attendance, supporting the goals of claims department and of CorVel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises claims staff in their day-to-day operations.
- Supports Claims Manager in staff recruitment, interviews and training of new staff on procedures and job-related functions.
- Ensures staff compliance with Workers Compensation laws and mandated regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assures peak performance of the team through continued training and coaching, coupled with regular performance evaluations and recommends merit activity, subject to managers approval
- Provides technical and jurisdictional guidance to claims staff regarding complex compensability, investigation, litigation issues and service account instructions.
- Functions as liaison, suggesting and implementing final resolution for clients and employees regarding claim-specific, procedural or special requests.
- Adheres to HIPPA regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Adheres to all company policies, best practices and procedures
- Additional projects and duties as assigned..
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice.
- Participate in Customer Claim Reviews and Presentations
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated, Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to travel overnight and attend meetings if required.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of the entire claims administration, case management and cost containment solution as applicable to Workers Compensation.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated Public Speaking Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience handling claims
- Knowledge of Workers Comp required.
- Current license or certification in Workers Compensation must be maintained throughout employment with CorVel.
- Self-Insured Certificate preferred
- State Certification as an experienced Examiner
- strong working knowledge of Maryland Workers Compensation act required.
- Strong leadership experience required.
- Must poses the excellent ability to work in a fast paced environment.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.