Are You Driven? We are.
Who is GAINSCO?
GAINSCO is not your typical insurance company. We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition, and because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. We couldnt be who we are without the people who work at GAINSCO. If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you will become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Dallas and Miami. GAINSCO Dallas home office was one of only 150 companies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to be recognized by the Dallas Morning News as a Top Workplace, and the Miami office was also recognized as one of the Top 35 Workplaces in its size category.
Our culture attracts engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. Our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does an MATERIAL DAMAGE DESK REVIEWER TEAM LEADER do?
- Conduct file reviews to assess staff efficiency, accuracy and compliance
- Effectively communicate with staff, leaders, and peers to coordinate successful collaboration with other departments
- Submit timely and accurate assessments of team performance to leadership that identify areas of opportunity and outline the steps required to improve outcomes
- Assist with Desk Review Team training
- Ensure regulatory compliance in team file outcomes
- Position the Desk Review Team to support the CAT Team during storm responses
- Assist with setting team priorities and high standards of performance
- Other duties as assigned that support the success of the Desk Review Team
What makes an MATERIAL DAMAGE DESK REVIEWER TEAM LEADER successful?
At GAINSCO, our competitive culture, great rates, and creative marketing campaigns have customers contacting us every day for their insurance needs. As a successful MATERIAL DAMAGE DESK REVIEWER TEAM LEADER, your main objectives will be to lead the Desk Review Team to achieve targeted high levels of performance in claims handling, customer service, and compliance; partner with other claims teams across the organization to develop and improve damage assessment processes, report on team results and handling trends; and, build technical team performance to achieve established goals, compliance with company guidelines, and regulations in each venue.
What is required?
Education, Experience and Additional Skills:
Team Leader experience in Auto Claims is preferred
Ability to demonstrate an advanced level of estimating skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to train and develop staff toward the achievement of goals
Requirement to successfully complete the state adjuster licensing in all assigned states
Valid Appraiser or Adjuster License in assigned territory states required
Pass required Material Damage training and calibration exercises
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
Body shop experience is a plus
Bachelors degree is a plus
Minimum 2-3 years of experience as an auto damage appraiser
- Team Leader and/or manager experience in Auto Claims is preferred
Experience and understanding of estimating platforms (CCC, Mitchell, etc.)
Proven ability to demonstrate advanced estimating skills
Other skills and abilities:
- Ability to train and develop staff toward the achievement of goals
- Valid Appraiser or Adjuster License in assigned territory states required
- Pass required Material Damage training and calibration exercises
Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional phone etiquette and active listening skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, and work efficiently
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines with accuracy, diligence and speed
- Requirement to successfully complete the state adjuster licensing in all assigned states
Body shop experience a plus
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Valid drivers license
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience. Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.