Are You Driven? We are.
Who is GAINSCO?
GAINSCO is not your typical insurance company. We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition, and because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. We couldnt be who we are without the people who work at GAINSCO. If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you will become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Dallas and Miami. GAINSCO Dallas home office was one of only 150 companies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to be recognized by the Dallas Morning News as a Top Workplace, and the Miami office was also recognized as one of the Top 35 Workplaces in its size category.
Our culture attracts engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. Our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does an MATERIAL DAMAGE DESK REVIEWER do?
- Review photos received by customers, shops, or other sources in order to produce an estimate which includes all confirmed damage related to the reported loss.
- Review estimates written by shops or Independent Appraisers and ensure that they include all confirmed damage related to the reported loss.
- Prioritize and efficiently plan to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Utilize estimating software to properly evaluate, document, and estimate related auto vehicle damage
- Negotiate with the customers shop of choice to achieve a fair cost of related repairs
- Accurately assess whether a vehicle is repairable or a total loss
- Successfully communicate the claims process to the customer and properly set expectations
- Effectively guide the customer through the rental process until completion of the repair
- Settle claims appropriately within the assigned authority level
- Deliver a superior level of customer service
- Communicate and coordinate successfully with peers and leaders from other departments
- Achieve and maintain appropriate technical expertise
- Demonstrate consistent standards of performance based on Best Claims Practices
- Other duties as assigned that support the success of the Material Damage operation
What makes an MATERIAL DAMAGE DESK REVIEWER successful?
At GAINSCO, our competitive culture, great rates, and creative marketing campaigns have customers contacting us every day for their insurance needs. As a successful MATERIAL DAMAGE DESK REVIEWER, your main objectives will be to complete or review material damage estimates to ensure that they are accurate, timely, and compliant, and deliver an excellent level of service to our customers while maintaining high standards of performance.
What is required?
Education, Experience and Additional Skills:
Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in writing auto damage appraisals
Ability to demonstrate a proper level of auto appraisal technical skills
Experienced user of software estimating systems
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to prioritize, manage time, and work efficiently
Effective negotiation skills
Requirement to successfully complete state adjuster licensing in all assigned states
Valid Appraiser or Adjuster License in assigned territory states required
Pass required Material Damage training and calibration exercises
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
I-Car training and ASE Certification is a plus
CCC ONE estimating experience is a plus
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience. Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.