Global, specialty insurance company is seeking an Underwriting Assistant for their Inland Marine team.
The Underwriting Assistant will be responsible for submission management, processing and delivering of quotes, binders and policies to the producers within specific performance standards.
The UA is also responsible for technical analysis of specific underwriting data to assist underwriters in the underwriting process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist underwriters with quote, binder, and policy issuance workflows;
- Participate in the creation and development of the team’s underwriting workflows and processes, including underwriting files for all bound accounts;
- Work with and follow up with producers for any outstanding information;
- Code, bill, register, process and distribute insurance binders and polices within processing standards established by management;
- Prepare all policies in accordance with final binders inclusive of review by underwriting staff;
- Implement and maintain a field service reputation that is recognized as superior in the industry;
- To review and analyze facultative reinsurance certificates as determined by management;
- The return of call and e-mails promptly and in all cases, within 24 hours of receipt;
- Facilitate event and meeting planning, including the providing of agendas and key data for external business trips;
- Provide backup to other Assistants as necessary.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a technical/underwriting assistant with similar duties;
Strong problem solving and decision making abilities;
Strong written and oral communication skills;
Computer skills including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Adobe Acrobat;
Able to multi-task and communicate well;
Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.