Claims Operations Manager
Claims Operations Manager or Director
This newly created position will manage the internal claim operations, which services the commercial and personal lines property claims niche nationally. This includes management of all financial functions; and ensures the delivery of quality programs and products related claims, data reporting, trust fund management and subrogation.
- Oversees budgeting/forecasting, and the implementation of budgets, to monitor progress and present operational metrics.
- Oversees production of custom stewardship reports for clients
- Develops internal reports and databases capturing KPI’s including audits results, productivity measurements and HR metrics.
- Liaises with IT department to optimize systems performance
- Responsible for developing and refining the statistics and processes to assess quality and determine effective improvements and programs
- Identifies training needs for colleagues.
- Travels as required (domestic and international).
- Determines career-pathing and succession planning.
- Proven leadership and personnel management experience including motivating, training and developing teams and individuals
- Team player with willingness to work cooperatively across all departments and organizational levels to meet business objectives
- Demonstrated track record of success in supervisory/management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
- Ten (10) years property and casualty insurance industry experience including claims administration required or equivalent combination of education and experience. P&L experience preferred.
- TPA or I/A experience in the insurance industry a plus.
- International experiences a plus.