Field Property Claims Adjuster Catastrophe
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company! Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a difference in people's lives? Are you looking for a position that allows you to do meaningful and innovative work in a culture of continuous improvement? Do you want a career that includes travel and endless opportunities for growth? Join Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 Company, and hone your skills alongside a diverse, collaborative team dedicated to helping others and providing best-in-class customer service! A career with Liberty Mutual provides a home for your talent, and an open road for your ambition. We will provide you with a wide variety of work to enhance your skills and advance your career. We will stand together to preserve and protect what people earn, build, own and cherish. As a member of the Field Property Claims, Catastrophe Team, you will play a vital role in providing an outstanding customer experience by using your investigative and negotiation skills to resolve a variety of homeowner claims in a fast paced, detail-oriented, team environment. Every day is a new exciting challenge, as our Field Catastrophe Claims Adjusters use industry leading homeowner's products and services to help our customers through the claims process. This is a remote position and may be based out of any location within the U.S. The position requires the adjuster to travel nationwide 75% of the time. Responsibilities:
- Investigates, determines coverage of loss and adjusts all elements of assigned Property Loss claims.
- Conducts inspections of loss sites, writes appraisals for dwelling repairs and issues payment to policyholders where possible. May work with a Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process.
- Explains coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Identifies suspicious losses. Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- Field Property Claims Adjuster, Catastrophe will work remotely and travel 75%.
Liberty Mutual will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, and local laws.Qualifications:
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.Requires working knowledge of claims handling procedures and operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction principles.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and at least 1 year of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.