This position is a key leadership role in the Risk Management and Insurance department at FCC Services as it manages and oversees the property and casualty claims operations for the Farm Credit System, the Farm Credit Captive, and Third Party Administration (TPA) customers. This role also manages and provides technical guidance for coverages and processes to the claims adjusting team and provides technical claims handling advocacy for multiple lines of coverage for customers and other members of the Risk Management team. The right person for this role will be excited to work with a dedicated and hard-working team serving claimants and minimizing the financial and operational risks of FCC Services’ clientele.
- Manages claims adjusters and delegates claim handling authority as appropriate
- Provides work direction to, and oversees the activities of, the claims team.
- Supports and trains the claims team.
- Manages Farm Credit claims operation within its budget and assures proper handling of claims.
- Oversees TPA client relationships, including contract renewal; claim reviews; reserve reconciliations; claim audits with clients, insurers or third-party administrators; and stewardship reporting to clients
- Investigates and adjusts claims within authority and for identified lines of coverage.
- Manages the handling of claims administered by insurance carriers or third-party administrators.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory, carrier and client requirements.
- Develops claims handling policies and procedures for efficient operation while maintaining appropriate internal controls. Oversees proper reserving, claim disposition and compliance with SOC audit procedures on the part of the claims staff.
- Works with Managing Director, Risk Management and Insurance Services, to manage and negotiate services provided by monitoring counsel, third party administrators, independent adjusters, and other claim-related vendors and alliances complying with FCC Services vendor management policies and procedures.
- Provides verbal and written communications with brokers, clients, claimants, insurance carriers, plaintiff and defense attorneys, mediators and arbitrators and other vendors/alliance partners as needed.
- Completes quarterly and other periodic loss reports for accounting, the Captive Board, auditors, commercial insurers and clients. Analyzes report data for trends and provides recommendations to clients for improvements.
- Coordinates the structure and performance of the claims database for recording all Captive, carrier and TPA claims information. Oversees the conversion of claims data for new TPA clients.
- Encourages and provides direction to the RMIS team and clients on ways to use the claims modules of Origami risk management software more efficiently.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in in Business Administration, or Risk Management from an accredited college.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in claims adjusting and supervising multi-lines claims required.
- Associate in Claims (AIC), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), or Associate in Risk Management (ARM) certifications preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ managerial experience in overseeing Claims and/or TPA teams preferred.
- Experience with leading Stewardship, RFP, RFQ projects preferred.
- Knowledge of the Origami risk management software system preferred.
- Proven and sustained track record of successful performance requiring significant attention to detail and comprehensive analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze claims data and clearly articulate and translate into business analysis report/graphics demonstrating claims trends and developments.
- Experience with presenting analytical information to senior leadership and C-Suite audiences.
- Must demonstrate strong and concise verbal and written communication skills for working with employees at all levels of the company and clients.
- Meets deadlines under pressure and quickly adjusts to changing priorities.
- Prioritizes and manages a variety of tasks.
- Maintains a consistently high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Thrives in a team environment.
An Overview of FCC Services. Our Expertise. Our Services.
Our vision is simple yet bold—we empower organizations and colleagues to be more! We are a business services and consulting firm specializing in leadership development, talent selection, risk management, insurance management, and claims administration.
Since 1975, FCC Services has worked with the Farm Credit System, cooperatives and self-insured public entities to help them achieve organizational and operational excellence by helping them manage their risks.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with approximately 50 employees, FCC Services is proud to serve a variety of clients across the US.
The unique blend of our expertise, services, programs and conferences enables us to create enriching business solutions and help organizations to Be More.
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- 12 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
FCC Services is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). FCC Services may, at its discretion, require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.
Apply for Claims Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly