Underwriting Specialist - Workers Compensation Chicago
Sr. Workers' Compensation Underwriting Specialist - Chicago, IL
Are you looking for your next underwriting challenge? Do you feel as though you would enjoy underwriting more complex accounts? Out client is a highly entrepreneurial Property and Casualty Insurance carrier that is seeking a Workers' Compensation Underwriting Specialist for their suburban Chicago office.
Candidates will be responsible for the underwriting and marketing of complex Worker's Compensation accounts with premiums in excess of $200K on an individual risk basis. You will have the freedom to underwrite monoline work comp accounts and build a book of business based on your experience and technical expertise.
While most accounts will be found in the middle to upper levels of guaranteed cost, you will occasionally see loss sensitive accounts. Leveraging your regional or national broker relationships will be key to writing quality accounts, not "cookie cutter" risks.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience underwriting workers' comp accounts or commercial casualty accounts with a strength in workers' compensation in carrier setting
- 4 year college degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical underwriting and marketing skills
- Good track record for building agency relationships
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
This position offers an excellent career opportunity and the ability to build a work comp book with accounts you choose! Salary will be commensurate with experience. Job 4517.