Underwriter - Sales Representative - Personal Lines
The Personal Lines Sales Representative is an inside Property & Casualty (P&C) sales position.
- Participation and successful completion of training program, including successful completion of State P&C licensing requirements.
- Answers inbound underwriting requests from sub-agents by quoting, recommending, reviewing, and binding insurance coverage.
- Ability to use sales techniques such as securing critical risk information, identifying and overcoming objections, generating interest, asking for the sale, and conducting follow-up to convert leads to sales.
- Apply consultative skills by identifying and analyzing customer needs to ensure high customer satisfaction, proper coverage and education to the customer.
- Ability to create customer rapport and build a relationship with a sub-agent in a professional manner.
- Ability to properly identify and measure how to place the business with the appropriate carrier and with the appropriate coverage. (i.e. Standard, Non-Standard, etc…, High Value, or Underwriting concerns)
- Identify cross-selling/packaging opportunities including identifying new revenue opportunities from additional lines of coverage.
- Maintains accurate data in appropriate systems in order to reflect account activity by tracking and capturing information and data.
- Collect underwriting information from the sub-agent and submission to the appropriate company representative.
Desire to learn
Strong sense of self
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to obtain and maintain P&C License
General knowledge of insurance products and services
Exceptional customer service, oral and written communication skills
Understanding of sales techniques
Proficient business computer application skills
Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office based software
Demonstrated ability to handle customers in a professional manner
Organization/time management skills
Ability to multi-task using the phone and multiple computer programs
The ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment
Must be able to work within a team environment
Ability to identify work environment opportunities and offer solutions
Must be able to make independent, customer-focused decisions
Ability to adhere to a schedule and be accountable to results
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
Active P&C License
2 or more years related work experience. Related experience may include experience in an office/carrier/agency/broker/call center environment.
Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment
Apply for Underwriter - Sales Representative - Personal Lines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly