Senior Loss Control Consultant
Keenan & Associates is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Loss Control Consultant in our Torrance Office. The Senior Consultant will lead and provide consultative loss control services (as approved by the Director) to assigned customers as well as JPAs in accordance with the department’s guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Be the lead point of contact for LC services to assigned customers.
• Performing on-site Property/Liability and Employee Safety (WC) inspections of client facilities to identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and make recommendations for corrective measures.
• Reviewing the existence of required safety programs to assess their compliance and functional effectiveness. Assisting customers with the writing of the programs identified as deficient.
• Providing services under a client’s Rent a Safety Professional, not noted elsewhere in this job description
• Providing safety training classes and presentations (as approved by Director) up to the JPA level.
• Advising clients on safety, compliance and risk management matters
• Assisting with clients the development and implementation of risk management best practices
• Conducting ergonomic evaluations, accident investigations, or specific hazard assessments (as approved by Director).
• Completing an analysis of client and JPA losses and presenting action plans focused on negative loss trends.
• Informing Districts of any changes in safety regulations and distributing safety-related bulletins to them.
• Assisting in the development of client resources and correspondences
• Supporting JPA level loss control initiatives
• Communicating effectively with other internal departments on customer strategy issues.
• Completing reports that meet department guidelines and complying with established department turnaround times.
• Complying with department’s product delivery and follow-up guidelines.
• Staying informed about contractual obligations (up to the JPA level); tracking service plans and ensuring status is updated on R drive.
• All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or other Bachelor’s/Associate’s degree with at least 3-5 years’ work-related experience is preferred. Must be able to demonstrate value through strong customer service, writing, presentation and communication skills. Should be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects. Requires dealing with many personality types, professional appearance, friendliness and genuine empathy are all distinct advantages. Needs to be a team player with a collaborative and flexible attitude. A self-motivated and organized work style is essential. Compliance with state fingerprinting regulations is required.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Familiarity with public agencies, Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health and advanced safety certification
LICENSE or CERTIFICATIONS: Must maintain a current California Driver’s License. Certifications such as ASP, CSP, CRM, CSRM, ARM, ARM-P are preferred.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required. Familiarity with PC, printers and computerized voice and email systems. Knowledge of, and ability to use mobile devices/tablets is extremely critical.
Keenan provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. We encourage teamwork and employee initiative - people working together is what makes Keenan a success. We invite you to share in the commitment of preserving our warm tradition, reputation and dedication to our clients. After all…What you do makes a difference!
Keenan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and supports Workplace Diversity.