If you are looking to advance your career in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing company, CopperPoint is the place for you. CopperPoint has expanded into other lines of commercial insurance, we are not just workers compensation. We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Underwriter Senior with commercial lines experience including workers compensation, property, general liability, auto, inland marine, crime and umbrella rating experience. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about working with a growing company that has diversified its product offering and is expanding into new territories. You will support the short and long-term business strategies to effectively achieve profit and growth objectives through sound underwriting and effective agency marketing for your assigned territory.
- Analyzes accounts to make sound decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and controls while adhering to individual authority levels.
- Prices business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines.
- Must balance effective pricing and risk selection that produces profit and growth while maintaining successful producer relations.
- Communicates with agency personnel on underwriting issues including declinations, cancellations, exposure concerns and loss control survey results.
- Present new and renewal proposals to agency personnel.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service internally and externally.
- Meets with agency personnel on a regular basis to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships.
- Collaborates with business development and distribution representative on agency production goals.
- In collaboration with business development and distribution representative must be able to hold the agency accountable for flow, hit ratio, new business and retention goals.
- Educating the agency staff on company products, services and underwriting philosophy.
- Multi-line underwriting experience required; i.e. workers compensation, property, general liability, auto, inland marine, crime and umbrella
- Strong sales and marketing skills are required. Must be able to qualify opportunities and close deals.
- Teamwork, communication and negotiation skills are required.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to partner effectively with the Underwriting Assistant.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point software.)
- Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years of experience in the P & C Underwriting insurance industry- Preferred, or full time work experience in the insurance industry, on a year for year basis will substitute for a degree.
- Certificates are considered a plus:
- General Insurance program (INS)
- Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU)
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter(CPCU)
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- Certified Risk Manager (ARM)
- Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC)
About CopperPoint Insurance Companies:
- Rated A- "Excellent" by A.M. Best, is the state's premier provider of workers compensation insurance
- CopperPoint has begun to offer other additional commercial insurance products as well as offering workers compensation insurance in other Western states
- Promotes a culture of workplace safety statewide via partnerships and training
- In 2017, CopperPoint employees reported more than 5,500 hours of volunteer time
- Is a four-time winner, Best Places to Work
CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.