Underwriting Specialist - Work Comp - Houston
Sr. Workers' Compensation Underwriting Specialist - Houston, TX
Now that you have received your 2018 bonus, are you looking for your next challenge? Our client is a highly entrepreneurial Property and Casualty Insurance carrier which is seeking a Workers' Compensation Underwriting Specialist for their suburban Houston office.
Candidates will be responsible for the underwriting and marketing of complex Worker's Compensation accounts with premiums in the middle market to upper middle market space on an individual risk basis. You will have the freedom to underwrite monoline work comp accounts and build a book of business based on your experience and technical expertise.
While most accounts will be found in the middle to upper levels of guaranteed cost, you will occasionally work on loss sensitive accounts. Leveraging your regional or national broker relationships will be key to writing quality accounts, not "cookie cutter" risks.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience underwriting workers' comp accounts or commercial casualty accounts with a strength in workers' compensation in carrier setting
- 4 year college degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical underwriting and marketing skills
- Good track record for building agency relationships
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
This position offers an excellent career opportunity and the ability to build on an existing book of business and make it your own. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Job 4533.
Apply for Underwriting Specialist - Work Comp - Houston
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly