Claims Adjuster - Specialty GL & CP Lines of Business
Claims Adjuster – Specialty GL & CP Lines of Business
Reports to: VP Claims - Adjusting & Litigation
Location: Atlanta, GA
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Claim Adjuster will handle General Liability and Commercial Property claims, including coverage analysis, investigation, and evaluation of liability, settlements & subrogation for Specialty Claims.
- Handle claims, including coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation of liability, settlements & subrogation for our specialty lines of business which include Oil & Gas, Construction, Security, Allied Health, and Timberline claims.
- Maximize Recovery by identifying and managing subrogation, salvage & deductible protocol and actions
- Litigation Management including strategizing with defense counsel and experts on defense cases as well as declaratory judgment actions
- Reserve claims files early & accurately, with goal of minimizing adverse development
- Negotiate settlements; attend mediations, arbitrations & trials as appropriate (travel costs reimbursable)
- Manage & control Loss Adjusting Expenses spent on attorneys, experts, independent adjusters & vendors
- Refer all potential policy limits demands, independent counsel, bad faith, DOI issues to HIIG executive team, as appropriate
- Identify & investigate all SIU issues in claims
- Accurately capture claims coding for ISO, Reinsurance and Loss Control purposes
- Ensure fair and ethical policies and practices in all relationships and operations.
- Comply with State Guidelines for Good Faith Claims Handling
- Prepare Large Loss Reports & Trial Alerts for Claims Management and Reinsurance
- Participate in industry organizations & CLE
- Other duties as may be required due to change, growth and continuous improvement.
- Experience working in multi-lines of coverage -At least 10 yrs. Experience in GL and Commercial Property Claims - Required
- Licensed insurance adjuster specializing in direct handling
- Highly organized and efficient ; Strong organizational and analytical skills ; able to prioritize effectively to accomplish objectives with creativity and enthusiasm
- Results oriented. A strong focus on execution and getting things done right.
- A self-starter with a high level of professional maturity and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and other functional areas
- Comfortable and effective working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Thrives on and is not afraid of challenges
- Flexible, able to adapt; responds well to a changing environment
- Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within the scope of responsibility
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full consideration for the job based on their ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description does not necessarily list all the duties of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.