Claims Adjuster - Commercial - Fast Track
Hallmark Specialty Insurance Company is an excess and surplus lines insurer providing a broad range of commercial lines products for small to mid-market accounts.
The Fast Track Claims adjuster (the adjuster) is expected to investigate and adjust trucking, commercial automobile and general liability claims (including some minor cargo claims) arising out of policies issued by Hallmark underwriting entities. The adjuster will investigate and adjust 1st and 3rd party bodily injury and property damage claims including collision, comp, total losses, salvage, subrogation and PIP claims. Such claims will be handled by the adjuster from first notice of loss through resolution; and the claims will be of light to moderate complexities and value. The adjuster, within their commiserate level of authority, will be expected to investigate, adjust and resolve all aspects of the adjusting process for each claim assigned to them including, but not limited to, coverage, liability, damage evaluations, and resolution. The adjuster should have experience in the handling of commercial trucking, commercial auto, and general liability claims. The adjuster must have the necessity coverage experience with primary commercial trucking, auto and general liability policies and forms.
- Responsible for the investigation and adjustment of claims within the Commerical Fast Track Unit.
- Proactive claims adjustment and management pursuant to established claims handling guidelines regarding coverage, investigation, liability, damages, evaluation and resolution.
- Establish reserves pursuant to established reserving protocols and reserve authority procedures, where appropriate.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to claims arising from commercial primary lines of business underwritten by Hallmark underwriting entities.
- Possesses a broad understanding of commercial auto and general liability policy(s) language/coverage applicable to commercial trucking, automobile and general liability claims.
- Manage total losses, salvage and subrogation claims pursuant to established company procedures and processes
- Maintain and utilize the Hallmark Vendor databases and Guidelines and update when appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate state adjuster licenses; and maintain annual required CE credits.
- Perform general office administrative tasks as required.
- Complete loss reports, as required.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Juris Doctorate preference although not essential.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent MS Office, Word, Power Point, and Excel expertise.
- Business travel as required.