Claims Attorney - General
"You work for NJM? That's a great company!" If you're hired, you'll hear it over and over again from friends, family and neighbors. Why? Because NJM strives consistently to meet the service expectations of its customers. These efforts do not go unnoticed — many policyholders have trusted NJM for decades, and its commonplace for NJM to insure multiple generations of the same business and families.
Our General Claims Legal Department is seeking an attorney with a minimum of four years of relevant experience in handling New Jersey and Pennsylvania general insurance defense work, principally related to bodily injury and property damage claims involving auto accident and premises liability and coverage issues.
- Supervise the handling of insurance defense litigation.
- Develop and implement litigation strategy with outside defense counsel.
- Provide legal advice to General Claims department regarding personal and commercial auto, homeowners and general liability coverage, underwriting and other miscellaneous claims questions, regulatory complaints, fraud investigations, developments in relevant case law, statutes and regulations.
- JD and admission to NJ Bar required
- 4-7 years of experience handling NJ general insurance defense work
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and time management skills
- Must be decisive and have strong organizational skills
- Some coverage work, trial and arbitration experience in NJ and PA is preferred, and a judicial clerkship is beneficial
NJM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.