Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking an experienced and motivated Claims professional to join our team. The position requires the following, but is not limited to:
- Investigate and assemble facts, determine policy coverage, evaluate the amount of loss, analyze legal liability.
- Handles multi-line property and casualty claims in an assigned territory with an emphasis on property claims.
- Become familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms.
- Works towards the resolution of claims, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handle investigations by phone, mail and on-site investigations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years handling multi-line property and casualty claims with an emphasis on property claims.
- Field claims handling experience is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of Xactimate software is preferred but not required
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.