Claims Examiner - Products Liability
An exciting opportunity exists to join the ProAssurance family of companies!
We are a specialty writer of professional liability, products liability and workers' compensation insurance. With over 1,000 employees operating in 40 states, our company is well positioned to offer career opportunities to individuals interested in professional growth.
The primary responsibility of the Claims Examiner position is the direct management of assigned low to mid-level claims including claims investigation, coverage analysis, monitoring of defense counsel activities, control of legal expenses, reserving, and management throughout the life of the claim file.
- Provides direction, guidance and resolution throughout the life of the claim: contract and coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation of liability and damages, reserving and resolution.
- Directs defense counsel with regard to settlement values, defense tactics and strategies per department guidelines. Participate in selection of expert witnesses when appropriate. Maintain communication with supervisor and counsel, and keep all internal and external stakeholders apprised of developments.
- Ensures proper file documentation of assigned files by complying with company and state requirements. Responsible for preparing reports to management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing claim information.
- Attends trials, settlement conferences, mediations, and insured meetings. Participate in negotiations when appropriate.
- Review and approval of reasonable legal expenses and fees associated with the claim file, and negotiate adjustment of charges when appropriate and within guidelines.
- Keeps apprised of changes in the law and court procedures affecting claims in jurisdictions supervised.
- Perform special projects as directed by management.
A Bachelor’s degree required plus three to five years’ experience in claims handling; candidates must have solid written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and relationship skills; and good time management, organizational skills, and interpersonal communications skills.
Apply for Claims Examiner - Products Liability
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly