Bill Review Analyst I
The CorVel office in CO is seeking a full time Bill Review Analyst. The Bill Review Analyst is responsible for review, auditing and data-entry of medical bills for multiple states and lines of business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for auditing medical bills to ensure that they are appropriate and adhere to the State Fee Schedules, customer guidelines and PPO discounts.
- Position requires knowledge of the Fee Schedule and the operation of the computer terminal
- May consult reference materials in the auditing process
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Based upon situation or state specific issues meet 98% accuracy, 10,000+ keystrokes per hour
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, workers compensation billing guidelines and fee schedules
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD/HCPS coding
- Knowledge of UBO4/DWC-9/DWC-10 and CMS 1500 form types preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Able to identify problems and find creative, effective solutions.
- Able to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational abilities as well as time management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of data entry experience
- Experience with Medical Bill Review preferred