Manager External Telematics Data
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. We are solving some of todays most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver perfect insurance solutions to our customers. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources. As an employee in D3 you will get 10% of your time to innovate, learn, collaborate, and teach. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. Developing ourselves and others is key to our success.
The Data Strategy team within D3 is looking for a Manager of External Telematics Data to deliver data products, insights and capabilities that support our ongoing transformation into an analytics-driven, customer-centric, best in class organization.
The Manager of External Telematics Data is responsible for leading execution and day-to-day activities related to building innovative data software products. The role works with an agile team to deliver product vision from inception to delivery and product support. You will work with some of the brightest minds across the enterprise: strategic business stakeholders, data scientists, operations, architecture, and engineering.
Oversees and manages products and teams and will be measured on the success of both.
- Leads and executes day to day delivery of data software product capabilities
- Develops a product vision by engaging with internal stakeholders, customers, and the broader community, then breaks that vision down into actionable backlog of user stories for the engineering team
- Serves as primary point of contact within the department and across supporting business units on product scope, requirements, and backlog priorities. Demos the product.
- Works hands-on with the development team by serving as the product owner to prioritize, plan, and deliver a software product that meets customer requirements in an agile development approach and fast paced environment
- Collaborates with Waterfall, SCRUM & XP teams & product owners
- Minimum of 7+ years of software product development experience or program management experience (i.e. Roadmap Planning, User Stories, Backlog Mgmt, Hadoop)
- Minimum of 2 years managing people
- Strongly prefer related data experience (i.e. External and Internal Data Sourcing, Data Insights and Analytics, Data Quality, Data Stewardship)
- Strongly prefer experience with telematics data
- Strong technical and business acumen and experience working in an agile methodology.
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to coach and develop staff, particularly in the areas of strategy and leadership
- Ability to develop, analyze and interpret concepts
- Ability to solve problems creatively and quickly adapt to dynamic and fast pace environment
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaborative skills to lead and collaborate across boundaries to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner; mentor others as needed
- Create, facilitate (instructing, leading) and deliver formal presentations and demos to stakeholders
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.