Claims Consultant Commercial Property & Marine
Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a Commercial Property & Marine Claims Consultant with our client in their Chicago, IL location. As a member of our clients claims team, utilize your knowledge to independently investigate, evaluate and resolve assigned claims in order to achieve appropriate outcomes. In this position, you will administer and resolve claims in a timely manner in accordance with legal statutes, policy provisions, and company guidelines.
Commercial Property & Marine Claims Consultant Responsibilities
- The investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and resolution of complex commercial property claims with the assistance of independent adjusters and experts in the field.
- Independently resolve severe, high dollar exposure claims on reasonable terms and at proper values.
- Effectively control the use of, costs and work product of independent adjusters and experts.
- Analysis of policy coverages on standard and manuscript forms, independently identifying and evaluating coverage issues, and where necessary preparing coverage position letters.
- Accountable for making decisions which positively impact the financial results of the company.
- Ability to identify and initiate subrogation recovery opportunities.
- Work within designated dollar authorities. Prepare timely and accurate reports for management on large losses. Keep management informed of issues, problems and progress on severe claims.
- Experienced with negotiations, mediations, arbitrations and litigation.
- 5+ years experience handling commercial property claims (Manufacturing, Industrial or Energy)
- Experience in direct-handling of commercial property claims (marine or engineering a plus).
- Bachelors degree in Insurance, or equivalent experience.
- Industry designations such as AIC and CPCU
- About Insurance Placement Solutions
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including casualty claims adjuster jobs in the Chicago, IL area. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought after positions with top companies in the industry.Tagged as: Chicago Claims Jobs, Chicago Insurance Jobs, Commercial Property Adjuster