Program Auditor - Financial Program Auditor
Under direction of the Audit Coordinator, the Program Auditor, Financial is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- Determine/review scope of audit in conjunction with audit coordinator
- Conduct audit testing of assigned program in established/required timeline
- Determine program compliance with policies, procedures, underwriting guidelines
- Verbally communicate findings to audit coordinator, complete audit checklist(s), and draft comprehensive and complete report of audit findings
- Other duties as needed
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred with relevant insurance experience
5 to 7 years financial experience through public accounting/auditing and/or industry experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel & Word, internet skills
- Strong analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task
- Ability to think and work independently
- Ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Strong ethical standards and high level of integrity
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- Ability to get to the facts while faced with extraneous details
- Ability to identify and evaluate risk
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate general office equipment: Keyboard, mouse, fax, copiers, and printers. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Communication: Excellent communication, phone, fax, and e-mail skills. Ability to communicate effectively and draft professional letters for correspondence.
Critical Success Factors: Attentive and detail oriented, able to meet frequent deadlines; establish daily goals and priorities, work as part of a team. Ability to multi-task and communicate critical needs to supervisor.
Position has access to financial/confidential company and agent information. Works on special projects as assigned.