Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. is a diversified specialty property/casualty insurer with offices in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, Chicago, Los Angeles and Atlanta. Hallmark markets, underwrites and services approximately half a billion dollars annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
Job Summary Provides customer service and processing support in the Premium Billing department. Specializing in the collection of Direct Bill and Agency Bill accounts.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process and reconcile agency bill and direct bill statements along with collection of monies.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to customer e-mails.
- Research and resolve customer inquiries.
- Mentor and train new customer service representatives.
- Open daily mail and prepare checks for posting.
- Post cash payments in various receivables systems.
- Maintain Excel tracking spreadsheets including audits and charge offs.
- Prepare manual billing invoices.
- Input check by phone/fax information into system/database.
- Process return premium checks including printing, validation of refund accuracy, and mailing.
- Determine if cash received for cancelled policies provides sufficient equity for reinstatement.
- Process reinstatements in various systems as needed.
- Maintain files containing copies of all billing notices and checks posted.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED, with some college or 2-3 years of related experience,
insurance experience is preferred. Most of the training will be done on the job.
- Math: Billing specialists may have to add the amount owed from various documents and other duties that require basic math skills.
- Communication: Billing specialists talks with clients to explain their bill, as well as payment policy.
- Organizational Skills: Billing specialists gather data from multiple sources, and work on more than one bill at once. Keeping it all organized is important
- Billing specialist should have the basic knowledge of accounting/banking terminology and concepts.
- Other skill sets required include:
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to daily changing needs and job duties.
- Analytical Thinking – Judgment Decision Making, Expertise/Initiative, Recommends Solutions
- Accountability – Self Awareness, Demonstrates Self-Management, Takes Ownership
- Embracing Change and Leading Transition - Change Agent – Adaptable -
- Exhibits a Positive Attitude
- Teamwork – Leveraging Differences - Team Advocate - Appreciates Differences
Basic Microsoft Office (Excel) Skills
Apply for Billing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly