Specialist Risk Control III
At York, we believe that an experience marked by expertise, consistency and compassion sets us apart. And we celebrate the diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives that allow us to stand apart from our competitors. Thats why we are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining people who represent our values and who believe in our mission.
Job DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities:
- Develop training and associated material for management/leadership training for York Poolings clients including community centers and water districts throughout Texas.
- Schedule and present one and two-day leadership training sessions.
- Schedule and present other internal and external trainings as requested.
- Position requires travel up to 65% and will frequently require overnight stays.
- Update and develop curricula for leadership training as needed.
- Market training products and services to external clients
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with clients.
- Assist in the delivery of in-house training.
- Deliver just-in-time as well as regularly scheduled training to clients.
- Collaborate in the assessment of training needs for clients.
- Perform needs analysis within organization to identify training opportunities.
- May provide Human Resources guidance and counsel to clients as related to leadership responsibilities.
- Keep accurate training records/files.
- Will be required to carry equipment (AV equipment) and education materials up to 35 lbs.
- Will perform own clerical functions (copying, faxing, etc.).
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Risk Control OperationsEducation
Bachelors degree in a related field from a four-year college or university preferred; four years of related experience or combination of education and experience may be substituted.Experience
- Minimum of 2 years training or directly related experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years HR Generalist experience or equivalent knowledge of state and federal employment law is highly preferred.
- Familiarity in working with public entities and providing leadership and management training is preferred.
- Involvement in developing and delivering high quality professional training solutions to a geographically dispersed client base is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have strong PC skills, utilizing Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint).
- Skilled in the use of audio/visual equipment, computer hardware and software.
- Must be flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet billable requirements.
- Must have a professional appearance and demonstrate comfort presenting training to employees, mid-management and executive management; must be able to adapt to various cultures; must have outstanding presentation and facilitation skills for both large and small groups, including ability to involve audience participation and direct difficult participants.
- Must be organized by setting and maintaining training schedule in order to meet commitments.
- Must be able to make sound judgments and work independently.
- Must be able to adapt to various training methods (i.e. classroom, online training, webinars).
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have an insurable driving record and ability to travel throughout Texas.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.