Insurance industry job opening in Minneapolis. As Reinsurance Accountant, you will work for a division that falls under this national insurance broker’s health care practice. The Minneapolis office specializes in analytics and consulting to healthcare organizations around the world.
This opening DOES NOT require reinsurance accounting experience. Experience that is required includes: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA or Master’s degree is a plus. Five (5) or more years of relevant experience. Insurance industry experience is highly desired.
Support the Director of Operations (who will train you on reinsurance) with:
- Administer existing and new reinsurance agreements according to treaty parameters
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for accurate tracking and claims funding
- Create entries to the General Ledger for premiums, allowances and claims recoverables.
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Manage client, market and financial reporting. Oversee Accounts Payable.
- Respond to audit inquiries.