Account Associate - Reinsurance
- Day-to-day customer-facing administration and controls application for the ceded reinsurance portfolio.
- Expected to administer the ceded treaty contracts between HIIG Companies and the multiple reinsurer counterparties spanning various reinsurance programs and retention strategies in place. This position has responsibility for providing efficient and effective administration, including new business retention review, exceptions analysis, timely and accurate reinsurance claim management / adjudication, premium contract analysis, data entry and troubleshooting within reinsurance system, research and documentation for reinsurers, examiners, auditors, and Legal area. In addition to core responsibilities, this position supports the Reinsurance Manager on various special projects, audits, contract analysis, monthly cycle close, and quarterly and annual requirements.
- Performs routine reinsurance administrative duties, such as maintaining records, processing and verifying new business. Organizes the preparation of monthly and annual reports and ensures reinsurance information has been recorded accurately. Performs reconciliation of premium billing statements and DAC tax calculations and maintenance of various reinsurance operations. Researches and resolves the more complex cases and provides guidance to others. May review work performed by others and train new staff.
- Requires a bachelor's degree
- Insurance experience preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full consideration for the job based on their ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description does not necessarily list all the duties of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.