- Rate and quote new and renewal business. Gather relevant account information to quote account by reviewing exposures, updating account information, rate and adjust the price.
- Issue binders, policies, endorsement, non-renewals and cancellations.
- Process facultative reinsurance when appropriate.
- Order surveys, check surveys, prepare rec letters and send to insured. Maintain active follow up for compliance.
- Order audits – calculated AP/RP endorsements.
- Interact with agents to provide service on assigned accounts/policies.
- Issue policies.
- Adhere to quality control procedures to ensure proper timely handlings/servicing of accounts and billing.
- Able to balance work flow.
- Provides administrative support and other related services as needed.
- Operate independently with very little supervision or training.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other office personnel to improve overall company performance.
- 2 to 5 Years
- Bachelor's Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use analytical methods in underwriting process to identify workable solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to internal and external contacts on underwriting matters.
- Ability to use software to summarize and analyze large amounts of data.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow company policy and procedures
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full consideration for the job based on their ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description does not necessarily list all the duties of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.