The Corporate Representative reports directly to the Executive General Counsel and Executive Vice President of Litigation, working with a team of attorneys and insurance litigation specialists. The UPCIC Legal Department is a highly professional and friendly group that provides a challenging, stimulating and satisfying work environment. Universal has a strong commitment to its employees and offers many opportunities for advancement.
Must have insurance adjuster background and some experience testifying on behalf of carriers in first or third party claims.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate with defense counsel and Litigation adjuster.
- Review claim file and prepare timeline.
- Prepare for and attend depositions and trials.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Significant experience in insurance claim adjustment and/or litigation, preferably involving the Florida market.
- Florida 5-20 Insurance License.
- Ability to interpret policy.
- Evaluate coverages, limitations, exclusions, requirements, etc.
- Capacity to make informed and confident recommendations.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match is fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
- Free health club membership
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.