Senior Underwriting Assistant - E&S Property
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. is a diversified specialty property/casualty insurer with offices in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, Chicago, Los Angeles and Atlanta. Hallmark markets, underwrites and services approximately half a billion dollars annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
SUMMARY This role requires the individual to be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities. This role will facilitate account management, including booking premiums, issuing policies and endorsements and assisting the property underwriters in gathering the necessary data to analyze opportunities
and manage programs.
- Prepare new and renewal submissions for review and quality of data.
- Prepare cat modeling request work orders including review of data spreadsheets for acceptable data quality
- Follow-up with the broker for additional / missing information
- Prepare draft account summaries, quotations and binders with direction from the underwriter
- Under the direction of the underwriter, prepare request and follow-up to ensure timely receipt of all support documents including but not limited to Financials, Loss Control , ITV Worksheets and Facultative Request
- Create and maintain monthly underwriting reports as directed
- Work with underwriter to ensure all pre and post binding task including completion and assembly of all required underwriting documentation is accurate and complete.
- Work with underwriter to adhere to company service standards
- Support development of new underwriting products
- Knowledge of Policy Forms and Endorsements
- Proficient in ISO Forms
- Experience working with cat modeling (Risk Browser) and pricing models
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills (including EXCEL, Word and Outlook)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Candidate must be able to work within a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or 5+ years related experience within the underwriting and underwriting support roles.