Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is a global specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for agents, brokers, and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty, and a collection of managing general underwriting companies, RSG Underwriting Managers. RSGUM is looking for an Underwriter Trainee to join our Melville, NY office. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their insurance career.
We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in starting their insurance career. This is a ground level opportunity for a recent graduate or alumni to learn all areas of the underwriting process. Developing both product and insurance experience is necessary to eventually be promoted to underwriting position.
- Work closely to support members of Underwriting team including initial review and processing of applications/submissions.
- Monitor accounts to ensure that consistent service levels are being met
- Work with underwriters and brokers to ensure that all account requirements are properly handled.
- Manage various mid-term client servicing issues including initial review of endorsement and cancellation requests.
- Manage numerous Information Management System functions.
- Research and manage competitor intelligence.
- Work on special projects as required.
- Recent Bachelors prepared candidate with Risk Management / Insurance concentration preferred; Business or other related discipline. Minimum 3.0 GPA desired.
- Minimum of one year internship/work experience in sales, insurance or financial services industries a plus.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking capabilities required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites to include experience creating and working with various databases.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy that can anticipate needs and show effective follow through. Must be self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional service orientation.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Melville, New York
Education / Training, Underwriting