RSGUM is looking for a Data Reporting & Analytics Specialist to join our Chicago office. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their insurance career.
The Data Reporting & Analytics Specialist provides information & ongoing support, which includes data management, actuarial support and financial planning/analysis support. Researches and analyzes data used for research, planning, and achieving management objectives. Supports development of critical internal/external reporting where required.
- Assists with designing, managing and coordinating information data and reporting structures.
- Performs analyses, identifies problems and solutions, makes recommendations, and evaluates results with regard to the development, enhancement, and maintenance of automated and manual data reporting processes.
- Assists with coordinating system audits to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Manages data mapping and consistency, in coordination with teams including but not limited to FP&A, actuary, IT and audit.
- Executes analyses in support of department's planning and development efforts; performs SQL programming related activities.
- Designs, develops, and oversees completion of standardized operational, management and Ad Hoc reports.
- Assists with designing, coordinating, and implementing information BI tool output design & delivery.
- Coordinates and communicates with appropriate personnel regarding the interface of the department and other data files and operations.
- Serves as business analyst & partner regarding data within the scope of assigned duties.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business/Financial Services related discipline with equivalent technological background; supplemented with minimum 3 years of work experience in an organizational setting.
- Familiarity with SDLC principles.
- Knowledge of database and data management best practices.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills.
- SQL capabilities including complex report creation from multiple data sources where required.
- Ability to recommend design changes to databases, applications, designs, and reports.
- Ability to work effectively within business intelligence tools, (eg, Cognos, Tableau), report development tools (eg, SSRS) and data processing systems.
- Property & Casualty insurance industry experience, preferably from the carrier, MGU/MGU or TPA perspective.
- Ability to interface with colleagues in multiple disciplines, including but not limited to property/casualty insurance, actuary, financial planning/analysis & audit.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer