Leader, Underwriting Analytics
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, were fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, were better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. Were seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
As a critical role within the Brighthouse Financial (BHF) Life organization, the primary responsibility for this role is the leadership, direction, and development of the New Business Operations, New Business Operations Support, and Underwriting Data/Analytics functions. More specifically, this role is operationally responsible for ensuring that all service level and quality metrics are met in order to achieve life insurance new business and underwriting service and sales objectives. Additional operational responsibilities included but are not limited to risk management functions, organizational budgeting and expense management, and strategic project oversight. The role is tasked with creating and maintaining a high level of departmental/organizational adoption of responsible data and analytic solutions. Reflect high level of transparency and concise messaging while educating audience/users on data definitions, predictive analytics, and rules engine design. Required to be liaison between the BPO and New Business function, which consists of planning, executing, and the ongoing performance management of any transitioned function. Direct leadership to 4 case management leaders, 20+ case managers/operational support, and 4 data/analytics employees. Indirectly supporting 60+ Life New Business associates that create Underwriting Operations and Mortality Insights functions.
- Lead, coach, and develop employees in Data & Analytics functional team within Life Underwriting and New Business department.
- Ensures performance measurements are aligned with the enterprise service strategy and core process model. Responsible for the continuous review and successful execution of Life New Business and Underwriting performance measures.
- Utilize data and analytics to create systematic ways to drive down expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Identify and implement innovative data leveraged strategies by which the customer experience is positively impacted, and mortality expectations are achieved.
- Research and development of new data sources/applications that will enhance the New Business and Underwriting environments. The outputs gained will drive the improvement to the customer experience, operational process efficiencies, and mortality management.
- Optimize Vendor Management, New Business processes and procedures documentation, and Customer Advocacy to ensure vendor invoicing is accurate and timely, minimize the impact of service related issues on customers, and maintain precise documentation of our operations function.
- Promote a value-based approach to reporting descriptive/diagnostic analytics, delivering insights that equip management and sr. leadership with the information needed to make value-add decisions.
- A strong focus on data governance and data integration, providing the ability to confidently extract and analyze on multiple categories of accurate data (i.e. Underwriting/New Business, Vendor Management, Financial, Claims, etc.). Facilitate and/or support underwriting and new business expense analyses, internal experience studies, and a wide range of cross departmental analytics projects.
- Perform meticulous department budget oversight through continuous monitoring, accurate forecasting, and the implementation of systematic control methodologies.
- Direct partner of Leader, Mortality Insights and Controls, Leader, Underwriting Operations and Methodologies, Leader, Data Science, Corporate Actuary, Leader, Life Product, Leader, Life Product Pricing, among others
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Ability to partner with senior leaders across distribution, operations, product development, finance, etc. is required.
- Proven leadership/management of large, multifunctional organizations
- Mastery of data/analytics concepts and methodologies to ensure the delivery of value-add analytic solutions.
- Understanding of risk management, regulatory environment, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, cross functional business initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to interact effectively within the enterprise at all levels to build strong cooperative relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- Experienced leader with the ability to attract, select, develop and manage the performance of highly skilled professional associates.
- Ability to develop strategies, create, and implement plans to solve problems.
- Handles multiple priorities with tight and shifting deadlines
- Project management skills
- 10-15 years of experience within a given function (i.e. Business, Business Analytics, Logistics, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.