Claims Intake Team Lead
At Assurance America, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet employee needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a key player in this field, and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
An Intake Team Lead is responsible for providing direction and support for Associates assigned to losses involving glass and tow exposures. Answering inbound calls regarding automobile insurance claims. Enter new claims in the system and assign them to the appropriate adjuster. Provide excellent customer service. Assist customers with existing claims and complete some administrative and clerical duties.
- Perform in a team environment to resolve claims involving loss or damage to glass as well as claims related to tow coverage only.
- Monitor and provide direction to In-Take II Representatives on the resolution of tow and glass claims.
- Achieve a monthly objective of 100% closing ratio.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Enter new claims and send out correspondence.
- Maintain an abandon rate of 10% or less.
- Maintain a service level of 80% or more.
- Maintain a maximum aux. time of 30 minutes.
- Provide acceptable phone coverage.
- Continuously ask questions and demonstrate a desire to develop additional skills.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Formal Education & Certification
College Graduate preferred; Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 6 months experience in customer service/customer support environment
- Experience in claims or a call center a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize
Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced automated production environment.
- Must have attention to detail as well as be able to multi-task.
- Must employ excellent communication/interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent PC skills are required.
- Must possess a high degree of motivation and team orientation.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with Assurance America is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.