Client Manager - Commercial Insurance (Large Accounts)
This individual is responsible for managing new and renewal policies to ensure timely and accurate
coverage while providing superior customer service to clients in accordance with Commercial
Essential Job Functions:
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to identify exposures, obtain underwriting information and provide appropriate insurance coverages for client.
- Timely response to client, underwriter and internal department requests.
- Analyze exposures for new and renewal clients; prepare comprehensive submissions for marketing.
- Recognize circumstances requiring assistance from Team Leader.
- Coordinate customer service with producer.
- Prepare accurate policy summaries and claim reports as needed.
- Work closely with internal departments: Claims, Sales, CSS and Accounting to achieve best outcome for client and agency.
- Continue professional development and establish education goal with timeline for completion.
- Document all activity carefully.
- Understand potential for errors or omissions and seek guidance when necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Solid analytical and customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting procedures, rating plans and state and federal insurance laws.
- Ability to understand and analyze commercial lines coverages, form s and policies.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Ability to use technology to manage workflows and communication in the most efficient manner.
- MS Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to maintain professional and productive relationships with other staff, working closely with other departments where applicable.
- Ability to maintain professional and cordial relationships with customers, clients, and co-workers.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage stressful situations professionally.
- Demonstrate flexibility as priorities and deadlines shift, juggle multiple assignments.
- Ability to work in and contribute to culture of teamwork and cooperation.
- Treat people with respect.
- Accept both positive and negative constructive feedback from others and make adjustments to performance based on such feedback.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of the position, meet deadlines, and live up to commitments.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of high school diploma, college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with agency or carrier handling commercial accounts.
- Appropriate professional designation(s) – CIC, AAI, CPCU, ARM a plus.
- Licensed P&C Producer.
- Experience with educational institutions preferable