Senior Account Manager (Employee Benefits)
The Senior Account Manager (Employee Benefits) role provides day-to-day customer service and account management for the employee benefit clients, markets/sets up existing and/or new accounts, and provides general coordination of renewal information to producers. This role reports to the Small/Middle Market Manager, Kristen McConville, and Vice President of Group Benefits Operation, JC Mahan.
• Handle all lines of coverage primarily in the 50-99 and 100-300 market segments
• Work with and through others, building and maintaining relationships with client companies
• Exceed customer expectations while fielding and resolving client inquiries and issues
• Market accounts from start to finish including preparation of submissions, follow-up, obtaining information, creating spreadsheets and working closely with the producer to retain clients and gain new business
• Keep up with industry/carrier trends including new product information with many carriers
• Set up and maintain customer accounts in the client management system
• Monitor client renewal dates
• Solid analytical, planning, presentation and communication skills
• Organized with proven time management and administrative skills
• High initiative, personal drive and motivation to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Three to five years’ experience in the health and group benefits profession, consulting and/or related field.
• Current PA Life, Accident and Health Insurance License
• Self-funding, level-funding and reinsurance knowledge experience
• Human Resources background preferred (CEBS, SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
• NAHU Health Care Reform Certification or equivalent (Preferred)
• Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Pass pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening
• Reliable transportation
In business since 1929, BABB, Inc. is an employer who cares not only about the health, safety and wellbeing of its own employees, but also makes the well-being of their clients’ employees their businesses. Partnering with businesses of all sizes, Babb prides itself on improving our clients’ risk in order to drive down insurance costs.
A strong supporter of the Pittsburgh community, BABB’s mission begins “at home” by offering its employees:
• Family-owned values
• A beautiful historic building worksite
• Free parking
• Commitment to personal development (Tuition Reimbursement Program)
• A health-based rewards incentive program
• Wellness workout room
• Medical, dental, vision coverage
• Paid time-off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Employee and Dependent life insurance/Disability insurance
BABB, Inc. is a third party administrator, brokerage and consulting firm located on Ridge Avenue in the North Side of Pittsburgh.