Healthcare Relationship Specialist
Responsible for increasing in-network claims penetration and network revenue through effective contracting and management of contracted Providers within CorVels proprietary networks. This individual must combine strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with resourcefulness and aptitude in the medical provider market.Essential Job Duties
- Identify, initiate, follow-up, negotiate, and finalize effective contracts and renegotiation efforts with providers.
- Work jointly with District Manager (or above) and management team to set targets based on client needs and strategic direction for your market, utilizing and accurately interpreting all appropriate analytical data (to include Ceris analytics) in determining the validity of provider participation/nomination.
- Build relationships and interact with providers and share CorVels value and differentiators through community involvement, onsite meetings, mailings and other marketing efforts.
- Become a state expert of local compensation rules and regulations relating to the ability to channel patients, reimbursement schedules, PPO reduction limitations, etc.
- Arrange face to face meetings with CorVel management team and top prospects.
- Collaborate with respective National Developer on major hospital/heath system targets.
- Interface with National Database (NDB) Team to add new contracts to the CorVel database.
- Assure appropriate changes/additions/deletions to the CorVel Networks are made by NDB. Responsible to ensure accuracy and timeliness for updated provider information.
- Screen incoming provider applications and agreements for completeness and, when appropriate follow-up with letters and/or telephone calls to obtain incomplete or missing information.
- Research network problems and initiate resolution; promote strong customer service.
- Interact with CorVel clients in providing panel development, stewardship meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adaptive communication style, complex problem solving skills, drive for results, innovative.
- Proven track record of delivering concrete results in negotiations.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Superb attention to detail and ability to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Undergraduate Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree, liberal arts or business.
- Demonstrated success in provider recruitment.
- Two years of sales and/or negotiating experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and presentation software.
#CB *mon*Application Instructions
CorVel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes