AmTrust Financial Services
San Diego, California
Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Claims Adjuster II - WC. This role will be located in our San Diego, CA office. The adjuster is responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, investigation, settlement or declination of workers compensation insurance claims through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insures, and claimants, ensuring that company resources are utilized in a cost effective manner in the process. The adjuster reports to a WC Supervisor.Responsibilities
- Thoroughly investigating workers compensation claims by contacting injured workers, medical providers, and employer representatives.Determining if claims are valid under applicable workers comp statutes.Communicating with medical providers to develop and authorize appropriate treatment plans.
- Reviewing and analyzing medical bills to confirm charges and treatment are workers comp injury-related and in accordance with the treatment plan.
- Ensuring payments for medical bills and income replacement are remitted on a timely basis in accordance with applicable fee schedules and statute
- Answer questions regarding the status of pending claims from claimants, policyholders and medical providers.
- Consult with attorneys regarding litigation management, settlement strategy and claim resolution.
- 3-5 years experience as a Workers Comp adjuster
- MS Office experience (Work, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.