Claims Operations Data Analyst
The Claim Administration Analyst role will support the HIIG Claim Division’s data and analytical requirements and needs. The role looks for a candidate who has some experience with property casualty claims and/or insurance business processes, a working knowledge of operational support activities, is highly organized and effective at managing multiple priorities. This is a data analyst position – property and casualty claim handing skills are desirable but not required.
- Serves as primary liaison for non-Claims HIIG functions requiring information relating to claims and claim activity.
- Develop and distribute regular management reports and any requests for special, ad hoc reporting or claim data
- Visualize data in creative ways to enhance understanding and accelerate decision making
- Help to develop processes for data extraction, storage and reporting processes across the claim division
- Create and implement dashboards with key performance indicators and forecasting models
- Monitored new and existing process designs to measure operational effectiveness
- Supports and undertakes special projects for the Claim Division as may be required
- Results oriented. A strong focus on execution and getting things done right.
- A self-starter with a high level of professional maturity and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and other functional areas
- Comfortable and effective working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Thrives on and is not afraid of challenges
- Flexible, able to adapt; responds well to a changing environment
- Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within the scope of responsibility
- Recent Graduates will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or Information Management
- Advanced course-work in, and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, or related similar degree highly desired. Quantative analysis or statistical analytical skills are also preferred
- Prefer some experience working in commercial property/casualty claims and/or insurance space
- Prefer some experience working with the operational aspects of claim and/or insurance functions, business process, management reporting, support systems, interacting with internal stakeholders and external service providers
- Must be fluent in Word, Excel, Access and Tableau. SQL is a plus but not required.
- Highly organized and efficient ; Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills; ability to work across teams and functional groups.
- Must be located in either Houston, Texas or Scottsdale, Arizona