Claims Adjuster – Property
Indiana Farmers Insurance, an A (Excellent) rated insurance carrier per A.M. Best, is seeking a Property Claims Specialist (Claims Representative III) that is eager to engage in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will be innovative and creative and contribute to making us the smart choice for our customers!
The Property Claims Specialist is a technical expert and staff resource. The Property Claims Specialist handles the largest and most complex first party property claims, with most of those losses involving fire and complex coverage issues in excess of $100,000.
Under limited supervision, the Property Claims Specialist is responsible for:
- Complex coverage interpretation, assessment, and application.
- Investigating, scoping, evaluating, estimating and settling first party personal, farm and commercial lines claims that are higher in complexity.
- Loss exposure and reserve assessment, establishment and reporting.
- Handling will consist of the direct investigation of the facts of loss, evaluation of coverages, liability, damages, and negotiation of claims to a proper conclusion.
- Recognition and prompt reserving of exposures.
- Applying and explaining applicable coverage to all relevant parties, documenting claims files, and is accountable for providing efficient and timely service to all customers.
- Acting decisively and working with a high degree of autonomy, within established authority.
- The position requires travel and limited supervision.
- Actively handles large storm/catastrophe losses.
- Loss cost establishment and estimating.
- Making prompt contact with policyholders, claimants, and other parties involved in the loss to set expectations, develop an action plan and perform initial exposure assessment.
- Investigation of losses, which includes taking statements and obtaining facts.
- Advanced resolution techniques.
- Preparing written communication, including but not limited to settlement letters, disclaimers of coverage and reservation of rights letters.
- Manage consultants and experts.
- Maintains effective claim file documentation and diary system.
- Expense management.
- Reinsurance assessment and reporting
- Adherence to Best Practices
- Serve as a leadership resource to other department members in the absence of the Claims Manager.
- Deliver exemplary customer service.
- Participate with projects and planning regarding corporate initiatives and planning.
- Must be able to respond urgently to claims, with an ability to travel on short notice, sometimes overnight.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Seven years of property adjusting experience, preferably with an insurance carrier including documented positive performance and progressive experience.
- Significant experience and expertise in writing structural property estimates using Xactimate estimating software as well as an overall broad knowledge of claims handling procedures and principles is required.
- Ability to adjust business interruptions claims is a plus.
- High School diploma. Candidates with a college degree and professional designation (CPCU, AIC, SCLA, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with multistate jurisdictional requirements (including Indiana and Illinois) is preferred.
- Knowledge of farm, commercial and personal line policies coverage and endorsements, industry trends and severity.
- Commercial coverage and estimating experience.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Large loss claims experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Company Benefit Package:
- Group Health, Prescription, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Exceptional 401k Plan
- Excellent PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual Attire
This is a work from home opportunity and the ideal candidate could be located anywhere throughout the state of Indiana. Company car provided.