Legal Bill Review Specialist
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, an A+ Superior rated company, is rapidly expanding our footprint throughout the US. We are currently seeking a Legal Bill Review Specialist. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively with a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and demonstrate strong initiative, then our team might be right for you!Responsibilities
- Use e-billing software to review law firm and vendor invoices
- Review and verify accuracy of billing entries and supporting documentation
- Research and answer billing questions directly from law firms and vendors
- Investigate appropriateness of time billed on invoices
- Apply necessary and appropriate deductions where appropriate
- Work with claims departments to improve litigation cost control
- Communicate with team on issues pertaining to attorney/firm rates, delays in billing, and all irregularities with entries and firm/vendor invoices
- Identifies improper and/or inappropriate billing and litigation practices
- Review and research appeal requests from law firms and vendors
- 2-5 years as a billing specialist or similar role in accounting or legal fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research complex issues and come up with a solution to resolve discrepancies
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage a wide variety of activities and functions simultaneously while maintaining a positive customer service-focused work style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!