Underwriting Analyst Trainee - Commercial Lines
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, an A+ Superior rated company, is rapidly expanding our footprint throughout the US. We are looking to fill an exciting trainee position in our Underwriting Small Business Unit. This position provides the opportunity to learn how to evaluate risks for Workers Compensation, Businessowners, Commercial Auto, and Umbrella policies for small businesses. This is a great opportunity to begin a career in the commercial insurance industry to learn about interesting commercial insurance products. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and demonstrate strong initiative, then our team might be right for you!Responsibilities
- Utilize company underwriting criteria to evaluate risks for various lines of business
- Perform independent verification of insured's operations
- Review and process change requests on in-force policies
- Evaluate in-force policies at renewal
- Develop relationships with agencies
- Participate in Underwriting Training for new products, directives and processes
Candidates should have investigative skills, be comfortable using the Internet as a research tool, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and must be an overall team player. You will work in a fast-paced team environment and candidates should have the ability to adapt quickly to changes and have solid time management skills. Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours from 8am-7:30pm M-F).
- Training is provided for this position.
- Defined career path for advancement.
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!