Director Customer Support
4 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At York, we believe that an experience marked by expertise, consistency and compassion sets us apart. And we celebrate the diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives that allow us to stand apart from our competitors. Thats why we are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining people who represent our values and who believe in our mission.
The role of the York OSC Director is to leverage company and vendor resources to support the organization through the delivery of accurate and timely Intake and Document Management Services, achieving the highest possible internal customer and external client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and manages multiple operations providing intake and document management services.
- Manages YORK staff, contractors and vendors performing intake and document management services. Including after hours and DRP.
- Manages the development of business requirements necessary for continual enhancement and modification of the various claim intake applications, processes and procedures.
- Oversees the performance, accuracy, and timeliness of resolving issues related to claims that do not pass validations through the intake or claim applications.
- Monitors department performance, reports on statistics, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
- Participates in new client RFPs, and presentations. Provides on-site and remote demonstrations/presentations of the OSC operation, system and value added services.
- Establishes performance objectives and personal development targets and regularly provides coaching for performance improvement and development
- Interacts with customers regularly to develop and refine requirements needed to support the intake program, such as scripting, claim office assignment, escalation and distribution of the claim acknowledgement, gain agreement on solutions and report on progress, monitor satisfaction, identify and resolve concerns and conflicts.
- Works with the YORK and vendor telecommunications, network and IT Dev and BI staff to implement new or maintain existing programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to digest customer requests while proposing viable solutions that limit excessive or costly customizations.
- Collaborates with all YORK internal business and support groups on a constant basis to ensure superior service and data accuracy in all applications and processes.
- Keeps Senior Management informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to VP of Claim Operations for direction.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Under general direction, functions independently within broad scope of established departmental policies and practices; generally refers specific problems to supervisor only where clarification of departmental operating policies and procedures may be required.
- Position oversees a variety of management, non-management employees as well as vendor and contractors.
- Completion of a college or university degree in information systems, business administration or insurance or related field
- Seven or more years of experience in intake operations and document management in an insurance environment and 5 years project or general management experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience that would produce the following; knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- Commercial Insurance Industry Experience with emphasis on Claim Intake segment.
- Experience in Telephony/Call Center solutions and implementations.
- Experience in Electronic Document Management Solutions and Implementations.
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office Suite of applications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; builds and maintains long term associations based on trust; helps others.
- Exacts team problem solving to effectively use the capability of the team to solve problems and satisfy customers.
- Self-Management and Organization Plan, organize and follow through with work tasks and commitments.
- Accountability Maintains focus on key customer needs. Makes and meets commitments. Accepts responsibility. Has a passion for excellence and focuses on execution.
- Learns and quickly adapts to changing opportunities in the marketplace.
- Understands the impact of decisions, actions, and technology on YORKs and customers business systems and processes.
- Displays excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; communicates with clarity and professionalism with customers while utilizing listening skills appropriately.
- Ability to stay well informed of current industry trends. Applies new concepts when research validates probable area of opportunity.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of service delivery quality customer satisfaction.
- Promptly and productively addresses service deficiencies with emphasis on elimination of future reoccurrence of such.
- Ability to challenge conventional practices; adapt established methods for new uses; pursues ongoing system improvement; develops new ideas to create novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Demonstrates or models behavior that rallies others around a common cause and builds a shared sense of purpose.
- Coaches and mentors others to develop their business competencies and technical skills. Provides support without removing responsibility.
- Additional Information
Travel- Approximately 15% or as required by businesses need